- Say sorry to each other. Apologizing is the golden rule in establishing relationships for the second time. Do not be afraid to say sorry to each other. Whatever reasons there is for you and your partner to apologize, do it in the best way you can. Make sure that there must be sincerity in apologizing each other for misunderstandings or differences.
- Talk things out and settle your differences. Set a time for you and your ex to talk about problems surrounding your commitment to each other before. Have a heart-to-heart talk with your ex if he or she is having some attitude problems in handling the commitment during the past.
- Give yourself and your ex space. Save at least a week or two in spending time with your friends or yourself without talking or sending e-mail messages to your ex. This strategy will help you realize how much you miss your partner even though you’re still trying to reconcile with him or her.
- Control your social life as much as possible. A lot of men and women are breaking up with their partners because of spending more time with other people than themselves. If you’re bound to give each other a second chance, you must know your limitations when it comes to socializing with others. Make sure that you must also have a lot of time for each other just like how much you spend your time with friends.
- Have a makeover. Probably your ex broke up with you because he or she didn’t like the way you dress or the way you carry your personality. Change everything in you that should be changed. This will help your ex get convinced with you again.
- Seek advices regarding relationships from professionals or friends. Read books and magazines with topics on getting your ex back. Watch movies or TV shows with relevant themes on breaking up and reconciliation between two people.
- Show your ex that you care about yourself and your relationship. You can do this effectively by being supportive in each other’s individual endeavors.